- Laura Thake Graphic Design, sole proprietor, founded in 2004
- 20-plus years of graphic design experience
- Clean, clear and uncluttered style
- Proficiency in Adobe CreativeCloud, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Her clients include Saint Louis University, Trellis Marketing, Bachmann Construction, Webster University, St. Louis College of Pharmacy, Aspen Spas, Mid-America CropLife Association, Willoh Essentials, 2B Well Yoga & Integrative Health, World Pediatric Stroke Association, Annie’s Hope, Christian Life Community, American Hospital Association
Laura Thake notices details. She senses moods and drinks in atmosphere. She listens closely. She picks up on your rhythms of speech and the weight of your words.
And then she wraps those elements in lettering, color, shape and layout to convey your message–commercial or personal–in the way that most appropriately reflects your purpose. Whether it’s a gala invitation, an art show poster or a pamphlet promoting healthy practices, Laura gives her clients a package that captures attention.
“She truly listens to the client’s needs and then offers her wealth of creative ideas to help reach their goals,” says one client.
Who knew that a tradition of craftsmanship could be depicted in the photo of a gnarled hand painting delicate roses on a restored chair; that the slant of sunlight highlighting the faces of friends sharing a beer would convey conviviality; that the flowing lines of one font signals informality, while another lettering style gives a message more dignity? Laura knows.
A St. Louis native, Laura has been pursuing a career in graphic design since her graduation from Webster University. She’s worked with many of the well-known design names in the region, including Alex Paradowski, Stan Gellman and his family, of Stan Gellman Graphic Design, and Kathleen Herring Design. Her years in the Webster University Communications Department gave her the opportunity to try her hand at many formats.
“She knows every aspect of her business, including getting to the finish line on time,” says another client. “Laura always goes the extra mile, even if it means driving to Topeka for a press check, having the patience to organize hundreds of photographs and documents, or finding exactly the right paper for a project.”
Besides being competent and creative, diligent and devoted to deadlines, Laura brings yet another attribute to her projects, according to yet another client: “Work is always fun with Laura.”